Admission Requirements and Procedure
Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree in law, LL.B., or equivalent degree of a programme with substantial legal education. Majority of courses already passed during the bachelor studies shall be of a legal character, and the name of the Bachelor’s degree programme shall comprise - Law. All applications will be assessed on an individual basis.
Applicants might be admitted to the Master’s degree programme upon successful completion of an admission test (50% overall evaluation) and by proving an adequate knowledge of English (50% overall evaluation).
- Admission test comprises an written examination of general knowledge of European Union law and international law on-site. Applicants from the third countries might be subject to an examination by electronic means – maximum 150 points.
- Adequate knowledge of English is demonstrated by all aspects of the application including selected language certificates with at least B2 level (e.g. IELTS, ESOL, TOEFL, Slovak Maturita Exam), unless English is a native language. In case that the applicant does not have a language certificate available, the adequate knowledge of English will be subject to the written and oral examination – maximum 150 points.*
* Minimum number of points is not specified. The final evaluation of the applicant’s language knowledge will be assessed overall. If there are concerns as to the level of English knowledge of the applicant, but there is a certain potential of improvement, the Faculty of Law will provide additional language courses for selected applicants.
Recommended literature for admission:
- L. R. Kiestra: The Impact of the European Convention on Human Rights on Private International Law, T.M.C. ASSER PRESS, 2014
- N. Rozehnalová, K. Drličková: Czech Private International Law. Brno: Masaryk University, 2015
- J. Crawford: Brownlie's Principles of Public International Law. OUP Oxford, 2012
- M. N. Shaw: International Law. Cambridge University Press, 2008
- The ABC of European Union law (https://publications.europa.eu/en/publication-detail/-/publication/f8d9b32e-6a03-4137-9e5a-9bbaba7d1d40)