Management and Law (in English)
|Name of the study programme:||Management and Law|
|Field of study:||30. Law/ISCED-F 0421 Law|
8. Economics and Management/ISCED-F 0311 Economics
|Cycle/level of qualification:||first/ISCED 6|
|Academic title:||bakalár/Bachelor (Bc.)|
|Form of study:||full-time|
|Code PraF UK AIS2||ENbMP19|
|Standard length of study:||three years|
|Method of study||attendance method|
The law and management study programme combines theoretical knowledge and practical skills in orientation in the legal order and its interpretation, in the creation, implementation and application of law. In addition, this study programme provides a theoretical and practical basis for the graduate's employment in middle and high management positions.
Law represents an interconnected, internally structured system of generally binding norms for the functioning of human society in accordance with the principles of a democratic state and rule of law. Contemporary law is characterized by polycentrism, i.e. creation in several centers and at several levels. Specifically, it concerns the national level, the level of European Union law and the level of international law. The study of law takes place from the perspective of all these levels in their mutual contexts, including from the point of view of legal comparatism, i.e. comparing the legal regulations of several states.
When solving specific factual situations, the student learns to recognize where to look for the relevant legal norm and how to interpret it. In doing so, the student often connects legal norms from the mentioned several levels, or several legal areas. The student acquires comprehensive and cross-sectional knowledge in relation to all focal areas of the legal order. The study is fully in accordance with the principles of a democratic state, rule of law, respect for the human being, protection of fundamental rights and freedoms, and also with the principles of honest legal professional and scientific activity. It respects the main theories, concepts and currents of scientific knowledge.
The graduate also has knowledge of general management concepts and their synthesis, categories and contexts, in accordance with the current state of domestic and international knowledge. The graduate is able to classify knowledge related to the economic system, legal regulations and economic regularities of the functioning of its individual functional areas. Thanks to the knowledge of the key categorical apparatus, they can name connections, identify possible solutions and draw general conclusions.
• gains knowledge from the theory and history of law, acquires a deeper overview of world legal systems, acquires the content of the concept of the rule of law, acquires knowledge of the organization and activities of the state, including law-making and application of law,
• acquires knowledge of private law with an emphasis on the law of obligations, international private law, as well as from the point of view of comparing legal systems,
• acquires knowledge of European Union law, especially about institutions and the creation of law and its connection with the national legal order,
• will acquire the skill to apply legal standards and propose practical procedures and solutions to complex and unpredictable problems within public and private legal situations, with an emphasis on civil and commercial law
• acquires the skill of in-depth orientation across the legal systems of different states and, based on this, the ability to solve legal problems in which several legal systems are applied,
• acquires the skills to represent natural and legal persons in the resolution of disputes in various legal systems, hold positions at various levels of bussiness management and lead work teams,
• acquires the ability and responsibility to independently perform preparatory work in the public and private sector and as a candidate for legal professions; including national and multinational corporations or national and international governmental and non-governmental organizations that require graduates with the ability to compare multiple legal systems;
• acquires the ability and responsibility to work as a manager in the public and private sector, conduct an interview with the client, represent the parties to the dispute, even when applying several legal regulations
• acquires the ability to lead a team of workers as a manager, to set business or other goals, to determine the functioning paradigms of an organization or company, to determine marketing strategies
• can become a specialist in the field of human resources, who in practice implements all the functions of human resources management, starting with work activity analysis, legal regulation and ending with collective bargaining (i.e., for example, human resources manager, personnel officer),
• is able - in the framework of marketing management - to identify ethical dilemmas in the creation of individual strategies of elements of the marketing mix, as well as to eliminate their negative effects on final consumers,
• can identify the limits of domestic and foreign legislation when creating a strategy in the area of product, price, distribution and marketing communication strategy.
Main study results
(V1) has broad knowledge of the main legal areas of the legal order of the Slovak Republic (civil law, commercial law, labor law, constitutional law, economic law, criminal law) and can also demonstrate in-depth orientation, especially in individual areas of private law;
(V2) identifies the interrelationships between legal areas, including a critical understanding of theories and principles; applies this knowledge in the context of legal theory, including historical, philosophical and also economic context; controls the issue of the mechanism of the exercise of public power through the competent authorities in the Slovak Republic and in other states, with special regard to the application of legislative, executive and judicial power in the state;
(V3) has broad and comparative knowledge of the legal systems of other countries as well as the law of the European Union, which he can connect with knowledge of the Slovak legal system;
(V4) has broad knowledge in management theory, and if his/her curriculum focuses more on the application of marketing principles in addition to the legal basis, he/she can be employed as a customer care specialist, a sales representative with knowledge of relevant legal regulation and the ability to navigate the evolving legal environment, product manager or advertising worker with basic legal orientation skills.
(V5) is able to identify, find and interpret relevant legislation, jurisprudence, legal doctrine and other legal information, and based on this, make informed decisions that also take into account social, scientific and ethical aspects; also knows the methods of interpretation and application of legal norms and clarification of the factual situation;
(V6) is oriented in the systems and methods of obtaining legally relevant information (legal regulations and related documents, decisions of courts and administrative bodies, professional and scientific legal literature) and is able to obtain and apply legal information comparatively from several legal systems, as well as from law of the European Union and can communicate concepts, problems and solutions based on this; it can also be about applying this information in practice or solving a partial task related to the student's future focus;
(V7) is able to think analytically and synthetically in the focal legal areas of the national legal order, specifically and in depth in individual areas of civil and commercial law, and in addition, he/she is able to comparatively connect the synthesized knowledge with knowledge of the focal legal branches of other states as well as the law of the European Union; based on this, he/she can propose innovative and practical procedures and solutions to complex and unpredictable problems;
(V8) has extensive skills in the application of theoretical knowledge from management in the management of teams.
(C3) Responsibility and independence:
(V9) can carry out specialized preparatory and final work within legal positions of the public sector and especially the private sector, in the field of legal management or within national and multinational corporations or national and international governmental and non-governmental organizations;
(V10) is able to independently deal primarily with the civil law and commercial law agenda, both at the level of the national legal system and across the legal systems of several states;
(V11) is capable, in particular, of dealing with the obligations of natural and legal persons;
(V12) is able to manage complex activities or projects related to the field of law at several levels of the legal order as well as across legal orders, bear responsibility for decision-making in an unpredictable work or study environment and take responsibility for managing the professional development of individuals and groups.
(V13) has the ability to critically evaluate the relevance of legal information and data and, on this basis, to make socially responsible and moral decisions.
Additional additional knowledge and skills:
Orientation to the graduate's employment in practice, especially in the environment of multinational companies, is strengthened by forms of comparative education.
During their studies, graduates acquire knowledge and skills in the field of management, human resources management, marketing, information systems, entrepreneurship, financial management, statistics and law. From the point of view of skills (cognitive as well as practical), they are able to propose solutions to practical management problems with a legal basis and to use available methods and tools creatively. Since the study programme focuses on specific knowledge and skills from two fields such as law and management, we assume that there is a demand on the labor market for graduates proficient in two fields such as management and law.
Required skills and prerequisites for admission to study:
The basic prerequisite for admission to the bachelor's study programme in law, study field of law is the acquisition of a complete secondary education completed by the matriculation exam. The faculty will publish other conditions, namely: the deadline for submitting applications for study, admission conditions, and the method of verifying their fulfillment no later than September 20 in the academic year that precedes the academic year in which the study is to begin. The study meets the requirements for mutual recognition of professional qualifications according to special regulations.
Conditions for admission to study at the Comenius University in Bratislava, Faculty of Law, according to § 57 of Act no. 131/2002 Coll. on Higher Education Institutions and on Amendments to Certain Acts as amended and information pursuant to Art. 3 par. 5 of the rules of the admission procedure at the Comenius University in Bratislava (internal regulation No. 4/2021):
Procedures for admission to study:
Rules of the admission procedure at Comenius University (internal regulation 4/2021)
2 990 Euro / academic year
Tuition fees are determined by the Directive of the rector of the Comenius University no. 17/2021, which determines the amount of tuition and fees associated with studying at the Comenius University, Annex no. 2.
The requirements for completing the study program are as follows:
a) obtaining 180 credits,
b) submission and defense of the final thesis,
c) successful completion of state exams, including the defense of the final thesis.
A student can take the state exam
a) after obtaining at least 171 credits
b) after successfully completing all compulsory subjects and compulsory optional subjects according to the list determined by the study program, except for state exams,
c) no disciplinary proceedings are being conducted against him and
d) has settled all financial obligations towards the faculty and the university, especially tuition fees and fees associated with studies.
Members of the Study Programme Council:
|Chair||Assoc. Prof. JUDr. Lívia Trellová, PhD.|
|Members for the field of study "Economics and Management"|
|Assoc. Prof. JUDr. PhDr. Katarína Gubíniová, PhD.||VUPCH||VTČ|
|Co-guarantors:||Assoc. Prof. Mgr. Ing. Urban Kováč, PhD.||VUPCH||VTČ|
|Assoc. Prof. PhDr. Lukáš Copuš, PhD.||VUPCH||VTČ|
Members for the field of study "law"
|Guarantor:||Assoc. Prof. JUDr. Lívia Trellová, PhD.||VUPCH||VTČ|
Assoc. Prof. JUDr. Peter Lysina, PhD.
|Assoc. Prof. Mgr. Matej Mlkvý, PhD., LLM.||VUPCH||VTČ|
|External member:||JUDr. Michal Dzurdzík, PhD.|
Meetings of the Study Program Council:
|27.05.2022, 12:00 p.m.||Zápisnica|
|21.04.2023, 8:30 a.m.||Zápisnica|
|10.06.2022||Accreditation Council of the CU, FLAW||Rozhodnutie|
|19.08.2022||Accreditation Council of the CU||Rozhodnutie|